Sunday, September 6, 2020

Slimline Card Family Challenge

Every once in a while my sister and I create a weekend crafty challenge to get us rolling in the craftroom.  It doesn't always result in a completed project, but if one gets into the craftroom for at least a little bit of time, then that's a baby step (unlike this weekend in which I haven't even started).

Our slimline challenge was aimed at getting us to finally get on the bandwagon and give it a go.  With the Scrapshotz slimline class at the Creative Scrapbooker Virtual Scrapbooking Carnival coming up this month, we needed to get practicing with these strangely oversized-dies and card templates.  Since I recently purchased the Concord & 9th kite-themed stamps and dies, those were on my creative radar.  I knew I wanted to pop up the kites and make a scene using the Studio Katia slimline oval die.  With a little stamping and stencilling, it all came together.


Supplies:  Studio Katia Slimline Dies, Concord & 9th Kite String Stamps and Kite Builder dies, MFT stamps Mini Clouds Stencil, Oxide Ink Pads, Dye Ink Pads, Nuvo Shimmer Pen, nuvo drops, foam tape.


This was a successful card challenge! I was very happy how this card turned out.  A little weird trying to make the card base, but it just takes patience.



No comments: