Sunday, September 20, 2020

MFT 2020 Design Superstar Card Design: INNOVATION MASTER

I didn't realize how long it would take to complete this card, so here we are right at the deadline of submission.  A lot of things went wrong, but I managed to get this card finished to how I (mostly) envisioned it.



By using My Favorite Things stencils, stamps, dies, and spin & slide disks, this card came into being.  I do not personally own any slimline dies, so I trimmed this card to size old-school style.



MFT Supplies:  Beach Buds Stamps & Die-namics, Interactive Swing Die-namics, Inside & Out Stitched Circles STAX Die-namics, Spin & Slide Discs, Stencils (Wave-Maker, Drifts & Hills, Make Waves, Mini Cloud Edges).


Stencilling wasn't exactly simple as I kept getting ink everywhere while shifting and masking other areas at the same time.  It was chaos!  As a result, I couldn't quite get the space needed to stamp the sentiment along the bottom of the sand.  Nothing I could do but forge ahead.



 

After evenings of stencilling card fronts, I finally settled and said, ok, I'm out of time.  Finally putting the pieces together (copic coloring was the simplest part, OMG), I had some adhesive issues where I pulled things apart and whatnot.  When I finally got to the interactive part, I knew I would run out of room for the top of the swinging acetate piece as a slimeline card has a lot less height than an A2! Can you see my modifications?! (SMH)


Finally closing the top with foam tape (double thickness was used to accommodate the slider) I could relax and just finish the front design.  I had planned to enter all 3 categories....it's not happening hah!!


And that's my story of creating an interactive slimline card with interactive dies designed for an A2 card.

Thank you for reading and best of luck if you go down this road!





2 comments:

Karla Yungwirth said...

This is fantastic Stacy! You did an awesome job explaining your card, and it turned out beautiful!!

jenni1st said...

Lots of work but worth it. You made a fabulous card.