Sunday, September 11, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday/Wednesday Challenge - Stamp It

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

I was racking my brain for another idea I haven't done, so I attempted watercolour.  This card was inspired by a how-to video on MFT Stamps Blog.  I haven't done this at all period, so I was quite surprised that it turned out pretty well!  What you can't see is the Wink of Stella I blinged the flower with.  It just doesn't show in my photos….

Stamps used:  Spring Flowers by Simon Says Stamp; Delicious Birthday by MFT Stamps.


3 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! I am stunned that you're not a watercolor pro because this card is AMAZING! The colors are blended so beautifully and I am amazed at how much dimension you've given to the flower. I really liked how you made the petals almost translucent-- it is quite a magical effect and I've never seen anything quite like it. You did an incredible job and if this is one of your first attempts at watercoloring, I can't even imagine what you'll do later on! You have some serious skills! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing this entry and am so glad you shared your work with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Stacy said...

Thank you for your kind words Andrea! I appreciate all of these challenges that get my creative juices moving (and a great distraction from life). And FTR, I had two watercolours going at the same time :D I've found it's all about patience to allow it to dry before adding more layers. Definitely going to try it again!

Gayatri said...

Very pretty card. The flower is beautiful. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stamp it Challenge. Gayatri xx