Sunday, September 4, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge - It's a Stitch-Up

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Better late than never!  This past month, I purchased some Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies and of course they were perfect for this challenge!  I wanted to do something with distress inks, so I started by creating my background with Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers (my go-to blends).  I decided to die-cut it after blending in the background and made a mistake of having the stitched die only cut part of it, so I had to re-cut a smaller one.  BUT…I really wanted it bigger, so I trimmed out the larger stitched outline and just glued it on to make a double stitch!  That's what crafters do when mistakes are made amiright??  I decided to use my Spring Flowers Stamps by SSS and colour the images using my blending tools.  Now I know why they make those smaller finger daubers.  'Tis a tricky thing to use the bigger blending tools.



I fussy-cut the pieces out and glued them in place.  I found some super cool tiny sentiments with  my Wild Beauty Stamps by SSS and added it to the base of the flower.  The final product came out really nice!


Supplies:  Stitched Rectangles Dies, Spring Flowers Stamps, Wild Beauty Stamps by Simon Says Stamp; Mini Distress Inks by Tim Holtz.

1 comment:

Macarena said...

Very pretty. I love the stitched rectangles as a doble frame. Nice coloring of the flower too. Thank you for sewing with us at SSS Monday Challenge. Hugs, Marzena