Thursday, September 22, 2016

MFT Stamps: You Could Be a Card Design Superstar Contest 2016!

Card #3:

I needed to pull off a Christmas card because, well, 'tis the Christmas card making season!  That and I need to prep for the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival crop.  Multiple goals combined is an awesome thing.

This card, I really wanted to use my MFT Stamps Die-namics Stitched Star STAX and my new MFT Stamps Hand Lettered Holiday stamps as my intention in purchasing them were obviously for my Christmas cards.  And I wanted metallic.  And I wanted glitter.  Well, I got it all, and (yikes!) combined different metallics!  I think it looks good, so I guess I'm good to go!

BTW, I got black embossing powder EVERYWHERE!!  Gotta hold back the urge to gently blow on the random specs…so messy.  I also got glitter everywhere, but, hey, it's glitter.


I really wanted to keep the theme with the dimension, so I cut out lots more of the fun foam and adhered it on with my multi-medium gel (thanks V for the instruction in adhering fun foam!).



No comments: