Monday, September 19, 2016

MFT Stamps: You Could Be a Card Design Superstar Contest 2016!

In my quest to expand my paper crafting creativity through card making, I couldn't let this opportunity fly by.  I have only a handful of MFT Stamps dies and stamps, but it's not just about the products.  It's about the inspiration and creativity that ultimately creates the card.  After participating in Camp Create 3, it was time to take the test!

Card #1:

This card was not started first, but it was finished first!  With that said, my inspiration came directly from Camp Create 3 Bonfire:  Single Layer Savvy (link).  I always like to cheat Canada Post as much as possible, so my goal is to mainly make flat cards.  While I don't have masking products as used in this video, I was inspired by maintaining a flat card while utilizing an entire stamp set.  The result:


I was able to use all SIX robots in this stamp set, Bionic Bots by MFT Stamps.  (note that these are all hand-stamped.  No MISTI in this house!).  I had thought about colouring the bots, in fact I did do a water coloured rendition, however, it lost the clean and crispness of the card (no copics in this household).  Instead, I decided to coordinate the accent colours and top the hearts with some Wink of Stella to bling it up just a bit.

This card turned out as I had imagined it in my head (not a common occurrence).  I like that in giving this card to a child, it could double-up as a colouring sheet.  Multi-purpose, hah!


No comments: