Sunday, August 21, 2016

Simon Monday Challenge - August 15, 2016

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

In my current quest to take on scrapbooky and crafty challenges this summer, I decided to attack the Simon Monday 'Summer' Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Blog this past week.  Rather than making a card or layout, I pulled out my Tim Holtz products and SSS stamps and produced a tag.  My favourite thing this year was successfully building a garden both in my yard and on my deck and starting 95% of my plants by seed.

(just one of my many pots - tomatoes, petunias, and lobelia)

Besides the obvious Spring Flowers stamp set by Simon Says Stamp, I built the tag using Tim Holtz distress paint, distress inks, distress stain and finished it off with some Wink of Stella to glitter up the flowers (which did not translate in the photo), my white Gelly pen to add a bit of contrast and some gold embossing.

Creating tags are out of my comfort zone, but that's what made the challenge worth doing!



No comments: