Saturday, November 10, 2012

Walnuts?? I think not!

Before I forget, on our way home from our Austin workshop, my colleague and I dropped off our manager at his home in La Grange, TX.  Low and behold, everywhere we stepped, we stepped on pecans!  So awesome.  Before I knew it, my colleague had a shopping bag in her hand (I got one too!) and we were collecting pecans that have dropped from the trees.  Like Ashley pointed out, it was like an easter egg hunt.  Our only distraction were the frequent clearing of the throat by my manager's horse.  We cleared that up with a couple of carrots and I was back to collecting pecans.

Now that I have the pecans, I need a pecan cracker!!  I need to find that this weekend....


Pecans!


More pecans!

5 comments:

Mom said...

And after you find the pecan nut cracker you need to find a recipe for pecan pie.....yummy,my favourite!

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you posted this because I've actually never seen shelled pecans (or a pecan tree) before!

What did you end up doing with them?

- B

Bluenocs said...

Um, that is totally cool!!!!! Yeah, what did you do with them after????

Stacy said...

eeee....I hope they are still good. I haven't done anything with them yet because I keep forgetting to get a nutcracker!!! Maybe I should check amazon.com...

Stacy said...

And they are massive trees....