Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oklahoma

This is my last post for now.  I'm all caught up!!

This past Sunday after the race in Galveston, I flew to Oklahoma City, OK to sample fluids and gases in the field.  It ended up being 3 days to do the sampling, and one day in the office to wrap things up.  Since I was designated documenter, I also took scenic photos in between well sites...




I was obviously mesmerized by the turbine farms.  Their dirt is red, and our quiet moments in the truck were occupied with enjoying the changing of the leaves.  It was my first feeling of Fall.  In Houston, I feel like I am in a time warp....until now since it's chilly enough that we are now wearing pants outside.

We stayed in Elk City as that where our field office was, and we visited our field office in Canadian, TX bright and early last Wednesday morning to begin our 14 hour day of sampling.

DONE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oklahoma is a place I know very little about . . . but have always wanted to know. So thanks for posting the photos. At least I can say I know what a small part of it looks like (flat) . . . .

Canadian, Texas? What's the origin of that name?

- B

Mom said...

Wow, how serene.