Friday, October 5, 2012

HAM NIGHT!!

I've been craving a ham for soooo looonnggg!  It's ridiculous to buy a 9 lb ham for one person, but NO ONE MAKES ONE-MAN HAMS!!!  I broke down and bought a spiral ham from Costco, and cooked it tonight so I would have ham all Thanksgiving weekend.  I barely make a dent in it, but it was so delicious!  Nicely glazed....about 3 hours to cook at 350F (including adding the glaze) for those who need to know ;)

Tomorrow I'm in search of split peas and tupperware for soup to freeze....a tonne of ham will hit the freezer too.....yikes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safeway does small hams! So does Whole Foods . . . .

Good to hear you had Thanksgiving on the proper weekend! And congratulations on a successful ham! Now I guess you can start looking for some good leftover ham-based recipes! (Or just freeze whatever you haven't made into soup.)

I don't know if you can be bothered to do this, but whenever I make a huge batch of soup (I have a pot of Oma's balika soup in the fridge right now), I always freeze mine in several 1 or 2 portion containers. I find them more manageable that way (and easier to pop into packed lunches when the grocery count is running low).

- B

Stacy said...

My intention was to make soup, so there's five tupperwares of split pea soup in the freezer...AND I've stalked Safeway....NO SMALL HAMS! I've never seen any in Calgary or here.

Mom said...

Hey, I gotta start remembering to read these, I missed the whole "Ham caper".....did you use it all up?

Stacy said...

It's all in the freezer with the soup.....